September 14, 2014

Street Art

It rained off and on most of the day.  The temperature is mild.  The rain was little more than a drizzle - not enough to dampen our spirits.


We spent the day looking for unusual street art.  We saw so much it is impossible to post it all here.

I have no idea who the artist is - but I love this piece.  At first I thought it was for recycling - but the holes go straight through to the ground...

"In Utero" by David Černý

Franz Kafka monument by Jaroslav Rona

When you gotta go, you gotta go.  (This sign is not exactly art, but I was looking for it more often than I care to say. )  We always make sure to have coins in our pockets while out and about here.  The old adage "you get what you pay for" is so true!!


3 comments:

Nonnie said...

is that 10 blocks to the WC?
some strange art, each so big that I presume they are meant to be outside. I really like the 3 umbrellas that stand out because of their color. Plus you captured a terrific reflection.

Jeanie said...

These are fascinating -- and I know what you mean about needing to go when you've gotta go!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Some very unique art - and rainy days can be quite lovely :-)